Being sick is definitely painful, but I finally got over it (hopefully) and watched the JavaScript: The Good Parts lecture by Douglas Crockford. Well, one thing that I have never seen before in JavaScript is the triple = operator (===). In the lecture, he showed some bad habits that beginner programmers, like myself, do. If you watch the video, the right way to compare an undefined array is by using the triple = operator. Knowing now about this, will I ever use it? Probably not as yet, because the old bad way is still too familiar to me.
At the point that he started talking about the module pattern, he through me off. I have to say: it is so grotesque. I dislike it, because I am so used to the old maybe-amateur way of using functions. In my image, an example of the module pattern, I see a variable being assigned a function, with inner functions and a return, with inner functions, with who knows what else that can be put into them. How do you even use this? Heh, I will probably eventually have to learn about these things and the others that he mentioned in this lecture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment